Mechanical Engineer regio Zuid Holland
- HTS (Hogere Technisch School)
- Mechanical ( Pipe Stress) Engineer
Functie omschrijving Mechanical Engineer regio Zuid Holland
Looking for an exciting technical job at a Downstream Petrochemical Manufacturing location in Europoort NL with opportunities to develop your technical and or professional skills and to become an important player in the energy transition.
Where you fit in?
The Mechanical Engineer is situated within the Mechanical and Corrosion Engineering Department, which is one of the departments within the Mechanical Civil Integrity Department. Mechanical Engineering is an important to secure sustained technical integrity and reliability of pressure equipment and processes.
Functie eisen Mechanical Engineer regio Zuid Holland
What is the role?
The purpose of the job is to provide expert advice in the field of mechanical engineering; focusing mainly on pressure vessels and piping. The job includes advise and approve/review for new equipment and advice/assessing existing (degraded) equipment (trouble shooting & fitness-for-service assessments). Furthermore this job is also to manage the long term improvement agenda within the discipline, which can be Technical, digitalization/automatization, simplification and standardization, or work processes related.
Some of your daily activities:
- You will give advice on procurement, application, modification, design, repair, installation and fitness for service in the field of mechanical engineering
- You will define mitigations and authorize deviations from standards/ processes and delegate such authority where appropriate
- You will develop skills and competencies in mechanical engineering in line with changing business needs and technical developments with focus on asset integrity and process safety.
- You will establish continuous improvements of the technical services and share Best Practices within the organization but also peers in Technical/Scientific Institutions.
What we need from you?
- Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in the operating company environment (downstream experience preferred).
- Minimum qualification B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (or related B.Sc. supplemented with relevant Mechanical Engineering qualifications)
- A sound knowledge of applicable national and internationals codes, rules and standards
- Proven ability to communicate well and earn respect of other engineers in her/his field
- Learner Mindset, proven trach record of continuous improvement.